lundi 24 février 2014

I am a women rights activist

I recently confirmed that I have a bias towards women.
I had just finished work and was on my home. I was getting to a roundabout when I saw two cars, at different sides of the roundabout, approaching each other. I could see clearly that one of the cars was been driven by a woman while the other was being driven by a man.
I immediately believed the man was in the wrong and proceeded to horning and trying to warn him about what was about to happen.
The two cars narrowly missed each other and I still kept horning at the man and pointing towards him in an attempt to let him know that what he did was wrong. Before realizing that I was going the same way he was going.
It was the woman who was in the wrong.
I was kinda in shock at myself as I got a revelation about myself.
I spent the next 5 minutes thinking about where this bias could come from. I narrowed it down to my childhood, to the relationship between my parents.
I think I am so biased against my father. Even when my mother is obviously in the wrong I probably still support her.
To be honest some of this has changed, sometimes when I see my parents relate I can tell my mom is obviously in the wrong and I see how she contributes to some of the dysfunction. Maybe its because of years of bitterness... or maybe....

I dunno.

You are blessed.


 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire