lundi 3 février 2014

Driving and how it relates to MY life

I was thinking about this recently. I drive a lot in Abuja and I am so grateful to not have gotten into any type of accident since I started driving/living here.

I try to think a lot. I try to see possibilities and risks and try to mitigate against them. I have been in a car accident before. My brother was driving. Our windows were tinted and it was a little dark outside. We were at an intersection and had a stop sign in front of us. My brother had looked right but I guess the tinted windows didn't allow him to see well enough because a car was coming from the right side. Me, being on the right side and paying close attention to what was happening then proceeded to say  "Seun, a car is coming". The next thing that happened was typical of our relationship, me always warning him and him never listening. I  sat in the car, braced myself for impact, all in slow motion, while halfway shouting "Seun a car is coming"...

The two cars hit each other! BAM! And I just kept muttering, "a car is coming, Seun.... I told you a car was coming."

I was very pissed off that day. It was in the morning and my whole day was affected because of it. I was supposed to be on my way to class when it happened.

Anyways that day left me thinking, our lives would be better if we saw the accidents coming our way. Well maybe not. But I kinda believe that accidents - especially car accidents - we see about to happen



But anyways after the accident, my brother got out of the car to make sure the other guy was okay. It was an Hispanic man. I saw a part of my brother which I see often, the part that actually cares about people and I was impressed because even though he can act monstrous sometimes he was capable of being a gentle giant.

As always maybe I am just saying nonsense and just trying to write a blog post because I am supposed to do one every Monday.
But by writing this I got to rethink some of the demons that me and my family members need to deal with... which is listening to one another. Giving and Receiving advice is part of every relationship.

My family members need to learn that.

I. Need. To. Learn. That.
 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire