vendredi 13 septembre 2013

Authentic Pride

This post is controversial. As a matter of fact I am not sure what my original purpose is in writing this post. But I still feel a need to express this thought

I have met all sorts of people in my life. This post is about the different kinds of proud people I have met. 
I have met people who were proud because of their wealth, "do you know who I am? Do you know how much I make a month? Do you know how much is in my bank account?"
I have met people who were proud because of who their parents were, "do you know who I am? Do you know who my father is??"
I have met people who were proud because of their past accomplishments, "Do you know who I am? Do you know what I have accomplished?"
The list goes on
proud because of power
proud became of fame
proud because of ....

These are all people who in a moment of conflict would not take crap from anyone just because of what they "have"...

I have also met people who had nothing, no accomplishments, no money in their bank accounts, nothing really that they could look upon and say THIS IS ENOUGH REASON FOR ME TO BE PROUD. But I have met some of these people that are still proud. Even though they have "nothing" to them they are SOMETHING and they will not take your crap. 

In a way I admire these kinds of people. I shouldn't... because none of these prides are good or godly. But there is something admirable about this kind of pride, a pride that defines itself above things we value so much and places the sole value of pride on an individual, nothing else.

Authenticity 100% 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire