mardi 30 juillet 2013

Too many options

Too many options
6 days before I turn 25. The bar is getting higher and stakes are getting higher. I have been reading my bible and saw in Proverbs 23:4 a direct rebuke to me. Something about pursuing wealth being frivolous/evil. I used to think that by age 25 I would be totally financial independent, would have started my own business and would be on the way to becoming a multi-millionaire.. well, I just recently had to defer my student loans because I could not keep up with them. I am a man of many ideas... maybe too many. I need to adjust. 100%

But in a way I do not feel bad. I know the past few years of my life haven't been wasted. I might have made financial sacrifices by going to live in Paris and in Nigeria for certain periods of time but I am confident that everything I have gained has more value than the financial tradeoffs. I have a proud past and a bright future.

Sometimes I think about my counterparts... the youth of today. I am really sad for the youth. Even if me and all the people close to me get jobs/start businesses and end up very happy, a lot of people will still remain jobless. The problem is REAL. I really want to do my part to help this generation. 

Blessings

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire