lundi 7 juillet 2014

To argue or not to argue

That is the question.
Among the things I have to ask myself each morning one of them is the question: Do I choose to argue today or choose to NOT argue.

When I was much younger I used to argue a lot. I think I used to love arguing. Why? I have no idea, I think it was just fun to me, to see people on the edge and talking about things they were passionate about. I also think a big part of me arguing has been to try to teach others and show them I know more than they do..?
As I grew older I started getting tired of arguing especially after starting to believe that most people do not change their perspectives on issues they argue about. So I stopped arguing completely. Completely.

To argue or not to argue? It has been a while (maybe years) since I made profound discoveries about myself. I think I went through unconscious periods when I would go on an arguing binge and then a non arguing binge. Looking back I do remember these periods but at the moment they occurred I was oblivious to them. 

In trying to leave more consciously, when I wake up in the mornings one of the questions I ask myself is: Should I argue today or should I just NOT argue? I think it is also fundamental to whether I have HOPE that people will deviate and give themselves an opportunity to learn. LOL. 
Or maybe hope doesn't apply at all. Maybe I should just stop arguing completely and use my mental energy for more positive and quantifiable activities.

It is a new day. July 7th 2014. World Class Discipline resumes. 


CHyeah.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire