jeudi 28 mars 2013

God, how are You???

We are too focused on ourselves. Goodness. When you talk to God, what do you talk to him about?
Most of the time it is about us, regardless of the style of prayer, whether we are praising God or adoring him etc, it is really about us, because like the next section of our prayer shows us, for example the ACTS style of praying.

A-Adoration, C-Confessions, T- Thanksgiving, S- Supplication

Out of 4 steps of prayer, at least 50% are about you, while the other 50% are you trying to set yourself up to deliver on the first 50%...


I thought about a new exercise, so the next time you want to talk to God, I want you to try this.

sit down. breathe in and out 3 times and ask God...

God, How are You?
God, I know every time I come into your presence it is always about me, me, me. But God I want You to know that I do care about who You are too and how You feel, so my question to You today is, LORD, HOW ARE YOU?

And then just spend 5 to 10 minutes listening to what He says to you. Listen well to what you hear... write it down.

Do not take this for granted, try it. Even if just once... 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire