lundi 7 janvier 2013

A word is enough for the wise


I don’t know about you but I have heard this saying hundreds of times. I recently was enlightened about it and realized what this statement really means. Before I used to think it meant once you tell a wise person something, the person would never forgot it.

A word is enough for the wise. What I take from this is that once the wise person hears something important, he/she writes it down, because they know they might never get another opportunity to hear it. There are two key points here: the wise person puts it down in some form i.e. writes it. and that the person does not take opportunities for granted.

I have constantly found myself in unwanted situations or problems because I had forgotten the “words” that I was told or that I told myself. It is usually in the midst of the problem that I realize, “crap Shola, you had foreseen this” but I had not made a conscious effort to remind myself (i.e. write it down) and review it regularly...

So my word today to you is, when an important word is spoken to you, write it down because you might never get another opportunity and that one time could be your saving grace.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire