lundi 2 juillet 2012

I need to learn to accept defeat

learning to accept defeat.
this is hard...
but it is neccesary.
What does it mean to accept defeat? It means knowing the situations that you need to let go of, knowing what you can handle and what you cannot;
ego is a very big part of me. pride is a very big part of who i am. sometimes i look at myself and say to myself that i stink with pride. it is a flaw... more of a curse than a blessing

a few years ago i was dealing with this girl i didnt really like but cuz she was snobbing me i wanted to pursue her by force just to satisfy my pride. i was not interested in her in anyway but just wanted to get her to like me. i took it personally when she did not and went ahead to curse her out a few weeks after the affair was over. I said to myself "that would teach her... not to mess with me".. yes.. that would teach her.

i acted based on my pride. the things i said to her were hurtful and had no real purpose but to soothen my own ego. by accepting defeat i should have conceived that it is okay, the girl "won" and i could have made my life and hers better by just accepting this and moving on.

there is too much negative out there for you or I to be adding some more.

learn to accept defeat in the right contexts. it makes you a better person

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire